2012 Left Coast Crime Award Nominations Announced
Thanks to all of you who submitted nominations for the Left Coast Crime awards. Here is your reading list!
Final voting will be by paper ballot at the convention in Sacramento. The awards will be presented at the banquet on Saturday night, March 31.
The Lefty—Best humorous mystery novel:
- Donna Andrews, The Real Macaw (Minotaur) - WINNER!
- Rita Lakin, Getting Old Can Kill You (Dell)
- Jess Lourey, October Fest (Midnight Ink)
- Kris Neri, Magical Alienation (Red Coyote Press)
- Cindy Sample, Dying for a Dance (L & L Dreamspell)
- John Vorhaus, The Albuquerque Turkey (Crown)
The Bruce Alexander Memorial Historical Mystery Award—Best historical mystery novel covering events before 1960:
- Rhys Bowen, Naughty in Nice (Berkley Prime Crime)
- Rebecca Cantrell, A Game of Lies (Forge)
- Ann Parker, Mercury's Rise (Poisoned Pen Press) - WINNER!
- Priscilla Royal, A Killing Season (Poisoned Pen Press)
- Jeri Westerson, Troubled Bones (Minotaur)
- Jacqueline Winspear, A Lesson in Secrets (Harper)
The Golden Nugget—Best mystery novel set in California:
- Jan Burke, Disturbance (Simon & Schuster)
- Michael Connelly, The Drop (Little, Brown)
- Janet Dawson, Bit Player (Perseverance Press)
- Sue Grafton, V is for Vengeance (Putnam)
- Kelli Stanley, City of Secrets (Minotaur) - WINNER!
Eureka!—Best first mystery novel:
- Sally Carpenter, The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper (Oak Tree Press)
- Darrell James, Nazareth Child (Midnight Ink) - WINNER!
- Tammy Kaehler, Dead Man's Switch (Poisoned Pen Press)
- Rochelle Staab, Who Do, Voodoo? (Berkley Prime Crime)
See you soon in Sacramento!
Lucinda Surber & Stan Ulrich
LCC 2012 Awards Committee Co-Chairs
Note: The winner of the 2012 Dilys Award, voted on and presented by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association to the mystery title of the year which they have most enjoyed selling, will also be announced at LCC.